Ok. I think I’m just going to have to face this and get it over with. When these things start going around I always think “oh geez, don’t they have anything better to do with their time?”.
And then I end up doing it too.
Hi, I’m Mary and I’m a victim of peer pressure!
So here we go. I will try to think of 25 very interesting, distinct, and unusual things about myself to share with all of you.
1. I could live on ice cream. Blue Bell, to be exact. None of that no-sugar, low-fat, skinny cow stuff! (Although Skinny Cow is actually quite good, but stay with me here). I rarely turn down a scoop (or several) of this frozen goodness. Want to know the trick to getting me in a good mood? Ice cream. Either plain in a bowl…or in a cup with milk, caramel syrup, and sprinkles! YUM-O!
2. I tried kiwi for my first time today. I’ve always been a little turned off because I thought it tasted like melon for some reason. But it’s also YUM-O!
3. My husband calls me the mail nazi. I check the mail everyday, without fail. If we don’t get home until midnight, I make him drive by the mailbox. This REALLY irritates him. I just love love love getting things in the mail!
4. I have a crazy memory. I rarely forget people’s names, specific details about their life, social security numbers (scare ya?!), etc etc. I have several calendars but the best calendar is in my head – I don’t really need to write things down. This is making me sound crazy.
5. When I walk by the elevator in the parking garage at work (I usually take the stairs), it often “dings” and opens as I’m walking by. As if it were opening just for me. And I always wonder if it’s God wanting me to hop on in!
6. I’m not a fan of surprises. I don’t think this is normal because you always hear girls on The Bachelor say, “OH! I love surprises!”. I think it’s a control thing. I have a very hard time not knowing what a gift, present, etc is going to be.
7. If, hypothetically, I ever found one of the above, it’s not a big deal because I’m very good at acting surprised!
8. I’ve always wanted to write a book. I still do. I just don’t have enough confidence to follow through with it. I don’t want to deal with the rejection.
9. Before Seth and I got married, I had to sleep on my stomach with my head facing left. Now I can only sleep on my stomach or side facing right. He’s got me all messed up!
10. Seth asked me out on an attempted first date on Valentine’s in 2003. What a way to freak a girl out! We stayed friends and didn’t start officially dating until October of that year.
11. I think Valentine’s Day decor can get obnoxious. I am not ok with those lovey-dovey teddy bears. Think twice before you buy those for your wife, guys.
12. I wish I could read every book in the whole world. Whenever I’m in a bookstore I start to panic because there are so many books and I feel like I should have/read them all. And then I start thinking “there will never be enough time” to read everything I want to!
13. This will be my third year to ride in the MS150 from Houston to Austin. You’d think I absolutely loved bike riding. I still occasionally ask myself, “why in the HECK am I doing this???”
14. I must have a soda when eating hamburgers or pizza. It seems wrong not to.
15. I went through a small phase in college where I drank only diet soda. BLECH. I soon realized the error of my ways.
16. No matter what clothes, jewelry, shoes, and other accessories that I own, I never feel like I’m completely in style.
17. I don’t think I tried salad until I was in college. My tastebuds have been opened up to many things in the past few years!
18. I used to only eat the turkey, green beans, and rolls at Thanksgiving. Can you imagine how upset I was when I found out what I’d been missing??!?
19. I’m a pretty decent snow skiier. I haven’t been in 4 years so I wouldn’t be able to prove this tomorrow but I don’t think there’s anything more fun than skiing down a big mountain!
20. I think I’d be the happiest person alive if I could live in the mountains. I’d just want to take everything and everyone I loved with me! Waking up….seeing that incredible view out your window…breathing in that fresh air with a cup of coffee…THAT’S the life.
21. I’m very good at making lists. Mostly because you get to cross things off, which can be exciting. Unfortunately I can’t cross things off this one…
22. I think everyone would hate me if I were on a reality show. I hate to admit it, but I’d probably be the whiny one causing drama. And really…if you were stuck on an island having to eat bugs…or running around the US in an intense race for lots of $$$ wouldn’t you whine a little too??
23. I love my dogs so very much. I cannot imagine our lives without them. I’ll even go so far to call Maggie my best friend (you know, us girls gotta stick together). I wish I could take them everywhere with me! Work, shopping, out to eat…
24. I’m also a sucker and my dogs know they can completely take advantage of me. There’s no messin’ around when Dad is home but once he’s out the door it’s a par-tay! (For them, NOT me)
25. I still feel like there’s a lot to cover. But I’m in a rush and the Super Bowl is starting soon. I really don’t care about either team. I just want the chips & dip.
So there you go! I tag all of you to make your own list of 25 if you haven’t already.